f-Tp5aVB6h0
Update of my handbalancing from today's practice. This is more or less the HS work I did today, a typical workout has a few more of each position but today is friday :-)
Started by acegerter, March 11, 2011 · 4 Replies · 3,033 Views
f-Tp5aVB6h0
Update of my handbalancing from today's practice. This is more or less the HS work I did today, a typical workout has a few more of each position but today is friday :-)
Nice work!
There are some points where it looks like you could be tighter, or better said that you are balancing from you hips. Some work on this may help with your one handers.
Very nice!
Nice, man! How long have you been training Handbalancing?
I started messing with the one arm in August. Due to some serious injuries from gymnastics I had to take a break from Nov-Jan. I started working it again very diligently in mid January and am very pleased with my progress. Most of my knowledge about HS is from this forum and Ido's blog. I did take an hour long lesson with Yuval in January which also helped tremendously. Another interesting tool I've been applying to HS work is the Alexander Technique. Currently I'm doing an independent study with an Alexander teacher and a fellow teammate of mine to combine gymnastics/HS/acrobatics to Alexander principles. The results are very interesting so far.
Interesting note is that the handstand, when done properly, is the most remarkable rehab exercise. The asymmetries of my lower and upper back and my all my other chronic gymnastic injuries have started to fade. For a guy who's had multiple shoulder surgeries and lower back fractures, this feeling of healthy exercise is amazing. I'm very excited to see where I'll be physically and mentally in another year of this work. Like Yuval and Ido say, its an adventure that never ends :-)