Coach,
I was wondering if you could help me out a little, but I also think this may help others out aswell
. This would be VERY much appreciated. I hope these aren't obvious and I've checked and don't think this kinda stuff has been mentioned.
Basically, I have read a lot of your stuff on the internet and it has REALLY helped but I was wondering whether you could just outline a couple of things.
I really understand that a lot of the dynamic and static work that your athletes do are strength based, so with this in mind, do you employ traditional strength training concepts so to speak (not sure if this is the right term) but to gymnastics.
By this I mean this kinda structure:
Dynamic exercises:
5 reps or less per set (and is this sort of 50% of max number per set just like static holds?)
Around 2-5 sets per exercise
3-5 minutes rest in between sets
Limited number of exercises that work as many muscle groups as possible (I know your athletes may train many different exercises so
Full body routine is often favoured
Static holds:
Well you have said the total time for sets for planche and front lever and other static holds so I understand this (50% max holds) and 60 seconds total for tuck planche etc
What kind of ratio of static holds to dynamic exercises do you recomend? In a workout.
Also with programme design, what do you favour? If time isn't an issue what is most optimal? I've seen traditional methods followed, but also, others such as pairing antagonist muscle groups (supersets) etc. So really wanted to find this out. Finally do you recommend doing different exercises for each workout, or the same ones for a period of time? I've read that strength training everyday is optimal.
Thank you very much ![]()