My right elbow, pretty much where my triceps insert, just sucks. When I lower into the bottom position of a pushup, about halfway down my elbow pops, and the sensation I get is a tendon snapping over a bone. And right before it pops, I can feel tension. Same thing happens with a dip. It's starting to hurt now after exercising. I guess it's important to note that it doesn't pop every time, but most of the time it does.
I can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening... the popping has been for awhile (perhaps several months or more), the pain more recent. Although I started playing squash around 6 months ago, and I had a pretty wicked overhand serve. After a few weeks of squash + one arm pushup training, I got some pretty intense pain in my right elbow and stopped playing squash and doing pushups. I do believe the popping was happening before this though.
Now, I've just recently discovered this site and ordered some rings. I tried doing an advanced frog stand (I can hold a regular frog stand for a minute easily) and the placement of my knees on my elbows hurt my elbow.
So any idea what's wrong with my elbow? Is it overuse? I'm guessing my tendons are weak. But it also feels like my tendon is tracking improperly, hence the sensation of the tendon popping over the bone... I had my first session of ART yesterday, don't think it did much.
Sorry if this post is very jumbled, I'm just frustrated at the moment...thanks for any help.