Tuck and Av Tuck Back Lever pictures in the book

Started by Aaron Griffin, March 10, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,860 Views

Aaron Griffin

So I finally took a picture of my tuck back lever, and I discovered that I look nothing like the pictures from the book. The Tuck Back Lever picture is far more rounded than I am, perhaps due to back flexibility. I actually think I'm closer to the Adv Tuck than the Tuck. While my back may not be flat, it's certainly not that rounded.

Am I correct in assuming that as long as my hips and shoulders are in line, and that line is parallel to the floor, that the position is acceptable? Can the same also be said of the Front Lever?

Any tips on progressing to the Adv Tuck? I'm fairly certain I could do it, but I don't know how to tell my body to flatten out once I'm in the position. I feel like I'm missing something neurological almost.

Cole Dano

Can you post the picture?

Aaron Griffin
Mr Brady said:
Can you post the picture?

Nope, was on my wife's cell phone. But I can take another one later :) I was also in my underwear... so somewhat NSFW

Though, I guess if we're evaluating form, getting a video of the thing would be best, eh?

I'll see what I can do.

Alexander Moreen

Lean over onto a counter or desk where you can hold the edges in front of you a bit, with your chest or abs on the edge of it, like you were going to do a harder reverse leg lift. Then contract the muscles in your back while keeping your knees tucked in and extend into your advance tuck position.