Lent training - Burpees!

Started by Michael Miskelly, March 8, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,642 Views

Michael Miskelly

Hi folks. I've always kept to the same type of thing over the period of lent since I was a kid of not eating chocolate & sweets or basically any crappy food. Along with that this year I thought I would challenge myself to get my 50 burpee time down below 3:00. I hate burpees mainly because they kill me but thats as good a reason as any to challenge myself. Last time I did 50 was 20th February in 3:09 so under the 3:00 mark is not that big a goal but its something that I would like to get to and im using lent as a boost for motivation. I'm also switching up my training to GVT over lent just to try a different style than im used to for a bit, I'll prob still do a round of the WOD just to keep up when I go back to them! Lent is from 9th March to 24th April so that give me plenty of time to get my goal, prob too much time really. lol

I guess I'm putting this in writing as an extra motivation and to make me feel bad if I don't stick to it :lol:

Anybody else doing anything over lent? or fancy doing the 50 burpee challenge with me? :mrgreen:

Animalonfire

I'm giving up arguing (except during debate club and about theoretical physics). I've declined 3 major ones so far (day 1). Normally I don't get into new years resolutions and etc because of the view that if you want to improve something, you'll work on it regardless of the time of year. This one however was so brilliantly timed and appropriate that I simply couldn't refuse.

Kyle Courville
Normally I don't get into new years resolutions and etc because of the view that if you want to improve something, you'll work on it regardless of the time of year. This one however was so brilliantly timed and appropriate that I simply couldn't refuse.

I agree with you 100% on that. I believe the first process to change is to genuinely want it.

Animalonfire said:
I'm giving up arguing (except during debate club and about theoretical physics). I've declined 3 major ones so far (day 1).

Good luck with that.

My goal is to adopt a positive mindset by looking at possible opportunities instead of possible setbacks. It is a very enjoyable process. You can be surprised at how much of a difference one's outlook can make.

pogo69
Animalonfire said:
I'm giving up arguing...

You are not... :P