Single Leg Squat

Started by Asclepius, March 7, 2011 · 6 Replies · 1,825 Views

Asclepius

Tell me what you all think!

And in case you are wondering, the loud "pop" noise is indeed from my knee (it doesn't hurt though).

SL717t5o9-c

EDIT: I have no idea why the video speeded up after uploading to video, but I'm guessing it's because of the file type. So in case it isn't obvious, that is not how fast I was going.

Aaron Griffin

WOOOOOOSH!

It's funny because the sound isn't really sped up.

Asclepius
phrak said:
WOOOOOOSH!

It's funny because the sound isn't really sped up.

Hahaha. I didn't even hear it with the volume on until you said that.

Asclepius

So... any critique on my form?

Also, should I be sitting back and down, like with a powerlifting squat, or directly down like with an Olympic-style squat?

EDIT: Never mind on that last question, I re-read the section in BtGB and found the answer to sit back and down.

Asclepius

So I did a weighted SLS WOD today and noticed I'm having a problem when I extend up. Sometimes when I come up, there is an intense almost pinch-like feel right under my patella, and it is usually painful.

Anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it? Thanks.

Blairbob

have you tested to see if you have tight quads?

Asclepius
Blairbob said:
have you tested to see if you have tight quads?

No, I haven't. How would I go about doing that?