Hi GB fans,
Just thought I would share my experience of going to an adult gymnastic class in case, like I was, people are nervous about going (no idea why I was nervous haha).
It was different to what I was expecting, I was left to my own devices for most of the night with a couple of tips given here and there most of it was re-iterating what Coach and others have said on this forum. The best bit of advice I got was from someone else there on PB swings. The advice was to swing from my shoulders. I think I was probably swinging from my abs. After trying out the feedback on my technique it felt completely different so if anything my evening was good for just that one bit of info.
I enjoyed having all the equipment there and after I did my WOD I just played around on the different equipment. Such as doing swings on the high bars and simple jumps on the trampoline. It was the first time in my adult life I had been on a trampoline!!!
I enjoyed going and will go again but next time I have to remember to not be shy in asking the trainers for advice or for starting a new skill. I would have been lose I think if I didn't have the WODs and FSPs. If I could give any advice for someone on thinking of going it would be to pester the trainers a bit more.
Next week I am going to check out another adult gymnastic class and go to both as I do shift work it gives me more options.
Cheers,
DB