How is my front lever?

Started by Erich Lin, March 7, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,043 Views

Erich Lin

P-b-Fei_c10

Asclepius

Are you retracting your shoulder blades? Can't tell from the video.

Aaron Griffin

What pullup bar is that? I haven't been able to find a good freestanding one that didn't cost an arm and a leg

Erich Lin

In the video, I was not retracting my shoulder blades. When I do my warmup FSP's - "flat tuck front lever" - , I do. In the BtGB book, I do not see Coach's athletes retracting their shoulder blades. I have only seen slizzardman mention this. Should I be with front lever and why? An answer from slizzardman would probably be useful here.

Blairbob

Your FL is a bit low, the straddle FL is a bit low with slight pike in the hips and the regular pullups are too arched. Start in a hollow body then pullup. Stay hollow.

Impressive nonetheless.

Erich Lin

Hmm good points on the hollow body for pullup Blairbob. Yep I had realized I was too low after recording :(

What's your opinion on the retracted shoulders for full lay?

Asclepius

Wait yeah, now I am confused as to the contracted scapula business with the front lever.

Cole Dano

What is important is that the scaps are not lax. The exact position will vary from person to person, same as planche etc, but the scaps most be holding wherever the sit.