I get a sharp knee pain during the 2/3rd mark of NLC's. I keep my knees together. Can anyone offer me any input about how I can bypass this?
Thanks!
Started by Quick Start Test Smith, March 7, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,805 Views
I get a sharp knee pain during the 2/3rd mark of NLC's. I keep my knees together. Can anyone offer me any input about how I can bypass this?
Thanks!
Slow down and go back a few progressions and use more assistance. Keep an inch or so between your knees. Do them on a cushion. Do not continue them through the pain, use enough assistance that it doesn't hurt at all.
Thanks!
You want legs/knees to be shoulder width. You don't want to have any valgus issues by trying to force the knees together or even 1 inch apart.....
There is no need to keep the knees together, hip width.
What is you set up? It can contribute to making this more painful as well.
I tried it this morning and it was a little better. I was keeping them close because I had seen one of Coach's athletes do it in a photo, but it's probably just because he was so small that his knees appeared closer than they were.
I'm kneeling on a 3-4" piece of foam with my heels tucked under a 2x4. The foot set up can (and will) definitely get improved. My toes are flexed (pulled toward knee) and my heels are jammed under the board (which is positioned about 6-8" off the floor).