Handstand line and press critique

Started by Archbishop o balance, March 4, 2011 · 2 Replies · 1,678 Views

Archbishop o balance

Howdy. Started training Handbalancing sometime before christmas, and I'm eager to get some qualified feedback on my current level =)

Please excuse the poor video quality, it was shot with an ooold phone! Tried to upload directly to the post, but it wouldn't accept mp4.

Anyways...

CP0qh4x-IVQ

My #1 goal for July 1. is 3 clean Press HSs from the floor with good form. The biggest hindrance I believe is my lack of pike flexibility. This was my first attempt of pressing after a deload week, prior to which I could do 1 press with slight momentum from the same bench. Quite pleased with the increased capacity, but the tempo on these were not as controlled as I'd wish, and any little bit of form was long gone on the last two on this attempt!

EIvA-8yH6Jk

Have seen some progress on the line in the last two months, but constantly struggling towards a solid, dependable comfortable-to-hang-out-in line in order to lay a good foundation for one-arm skills. Hoping to get some coaching in this in the near future, as I just shared words with someone from a small group of circus people in my town who were willing to teach me some tricks! Really excited to get some hands-on coaching!

Any critique is more than welcome!

- Oliver -

Adam Bodestyne

Hey, that looks really good! Good, solid press, and handstand. Of course, you will have to wait for someone more knowledgeable to give better critique, I guess, but from my point of view, it looks good (c:

Archbishop o balance

Thanks a lot, thanners. =)