So, I've read a couple posts on this already, and I don't mean to ask a question that already has been answered... but I just want to be super clear.
I've been training my planche (tuck hehe) with my fingers forward... it hurt at first, but I'm used to it and have no problems now. But in overall strength gain, you're saying it would be more beneficial for me to start training fingers backwards? On a pair of dumbbells (i have no parrallettes), I can hold a tuck planche for about 21 seconds (maybe more now), and on the floor i can hold the tuck planche fingers forward for about 12 seconds. If I were to change my hand placement to fingers backwards, what would be the step I should take? Just continue with my tuck planche, and expect a drop in time? Or do I need to work the frogstand with fingers backwards? I never did the advanced frogstand... it's not in the original "Building an Olympic Body" article, and I was able to do the tuck planche without it. Plus all the kids in the pictures for that article are doing them with hands forward xD
But yeah, so for maximal strength gain, it would be BEST to work fingers backwards, and it would transfer to rings better? Am I correct? I don't own any rings yet... but will probably purchase some at some point... I'm young saving up for a car haha
So ya, just wondering if it's better results, I don't want to cheat myself, and what my step should be in transferring from the fingers forward to fingers backwards, according to my current hold times. Thanks guys!
God Bless,
Zach
(kittyfat...)haha