This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110304

Started by Coach Sommer, March 4, 2011 · 12 Replies · 2,247 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete the following:

3 sets of MU, L-sit press shoulder stand, 2 XR HSPU, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Strive to perform the MU with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) If the XR HSPU are too difficult, scale down with the most difficult XR dip variation that you are capable of.

5) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

6) Use the position of your choice during the negative Front and Back Pulls that allows you to control the descent while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of these elements may both be performed in different positions.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

9) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

Gavin Strelitz

This will be my first ring strength WOD. Am I better off scaling down the particular movements in this series or doing Ring Strength 1?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I'm going to suffer today lol :shock:

Josh Schmitter
Gavin S said:
This will be my first ring strength WOD. Am I better off scaling down the particular movements in this series or doing Ring Strength 1?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=620

I believe your answer awaits there. That being said, you can always mix and match to suit your own needs/goals. No one can do that but you, along with your friends Time and Work :).

Gustav

Great WOD :D

Josh Schmitter

3 rounds Ring Strength 1 (subbed 3 pulls, 3 dips for MU, no roll back due to space/comfort issues)

5x15s: Tuck/Adv Tuck FL, floor HS, German Hang foot assist.

Felt surprisingly good today. Everything(FSP warmp included) felt just about as hard as usual, but I just feel much more energized/less fatigued. Perhaps my brain/CNS is finally coming around :).

Off to another contrast shower.

Joshua Naterman

Right shoulder is still sore, so lots of shrugging work and other rehab. I discovered that basket swings on my PB are a good way to work on my external rotators since they have to hold the shoulder in the socket. Muscle up transitions and dips were good! I'm going downstairs after dinner to do some front pull negatives and lowering to german hangs.

David Beckerman

Used the resistance bands for the first time to do some MU practice. My transition is weak so the bands serve the ideal resistance to practice that.

3 rounds of 2 x ring series 1. My ROM performing the GH pull is much improved as well as general strength in this area. I was pleased with how this is travelling

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD:

Warm Up:FSP

3x15 s Half Lay BL

3x15 s HSMH

3 sets:2 MU, L-sit press to shoulder stand, 2 strap HSPU, Rev. MU to inv. hang, 2 slow neg. full lay front pulls, 2 lay neg. full lay back pulls

rested 5 min between sets

5 rds:

15 s half lay FL

15 s HS hold on paralletes

15 s german hang

rested 1 min

4 x 5 wall extensions using pvc pipe against wall

Gavin Strelitz

Thanks Tanstaafl, Ring Strength 1 it is then. I'm in no hurry to get this down, it will all come together as fast as my body will let it.

Eddie Stelling

WU: Dislocates

FSP:

Straddle L sit - 4x15s

Tuck FL - 3x25s

Adv. Frog - 2x60s

Reverse Plank - 1x60s

Adv. Tuck BL - 3x22s

L-sit floor - 3x20s

PL lean - 3x25s

XR-support 2x30s

WOD:

3 Rnds:

MU--L-sit--press to shoulder stand--2 strap HSPUs--negative reverse MU--inverted hang--2 negative front pulls--2 negative back pulls

5 rds:

15 s half lay FL

15 s HS hold on paralletes

15 s german hang

Made a video of 1st and 2nd rnd.

I can't embed the videos I give up!!

Alvaro

I am feeling better now that I am training 4 days a week.

3X:

MU ( with legs on the ground) a bit better the transition maybe in some weeks I'll try some full negatives.

Trying to shoulder stand from L sit but impossible yet so kick to shoulder stand, I didn't read the instructions properly so I ended doing 2 HeSPU partials ( on the ground). Again shoulder stand with negative reverse MU ( braking hard with my legs in the straps). 2 neg to tuck front lever and 2 neg to tuck back lever.

Also

5x15 tuck FL ( feeling much stronger now so maybe I'll pass to adv tuck in some weeks)

5x20 handstand on the ground, practicing freestanding.

5x15 german hang. Much more comfortable on this too.

overall I feel better and improving again due to more normal WO schedule. :D

Alexander Svensson

This was my first ring strength series, and I really had to scale way back and ended up with a modified ring series 1, a dip and a pull-up instead of an MU. I can really feel it in my elbows afterwards now.