I'm weak where the tricep inserts into the elbow. I've been doing the bottom of diamond push-up as an FSP (3 x 20s) during my warm-ups. They've definitely gotten easier over time.
I lack the pulling strength necessary to get the rings low enough to actually get into the transition. So I'm doing Slizzardman's pull-up (2 sets/5 rounds) 2x per week and seeing good results.
On ring days, I sub the MU with 3 pullups, 3 dips, and 3 transitions using legs for assistance. Lots of assistance. I definitely feel my elbows on those moves, so I'm making sure not to over-extend myself and never work to the intensity where I feel the tendon being pushed to its limits. So far, I've made incremental progress without dealing with overuse soreness.
In order to strengthen that tendon, would it hurt to do 3 transitions once or twice a week during my warmups instead of just waiting til the ring WOD day comes? Don't want to overdo it, but I can definitely feel what a unique movement that is in comparison to dips, diamond pushups, and pullups. Plus, it allows me to slowly work on the "last 3 inches" of the pullup, bring the rings from clavicle-level down to pec level. I'm still very weak there.
Good idea? Bad idea? Try once per week and work my way up to 3 or 4 per week?
J