This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110303

Started by Coach Sommer, March 3, 2011 · 8 Replies · 1,932 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Box Jumps

20 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Runs to the Box Jumps to the Jumping Deck Squats to the Depth Jumps.

4) The Box Jumps should be performed onto as high a box as possible for all 5 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on height during the Jumping Deck Squats. Continue in this fashion until you have completed the entire 20 repetitions without rest.

6) You may add a weight vest to the Jumping Deck Squats if you are strong enough.

7) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

8 ) Move immediately from the Box Jumps to the Squat Jumps to the Depth Jumps.

9) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Alexander Svensson

So, the depth jumps, do you jump again after landing on the ground or is it just hop down and bracing the impact?

And what is the purpose of the rolling back and forth in the deck squats? Never seen them performed like that before.

Tarun Suri

No second bound.

And I think deck squats is about learning to transfer horizontal kinetic energy to vertical (not sure). It's different from the usual elastic rebound mechanism.

Josh Schmitter

I have been meaning to ask this for a long while: concerning the shuttle runs, do you jog/walk back to the start or are you sprinting the whole time, both back and forth? I usually sprint the whole time, but just wanted to be sure.

Stewart Whaley
TANSTAAFL said:
I have been meaning to ask this for a long while: concerning the shuttle runs, do you jog/walk back to the start or are you sprinting the whole time, both back and forth? I usually sprint the whole time, but just wanted to be sure.

You are doing it right.

Sprint the whole time or it becomes a series of variable

length sprints separated by rest which is not a shuttle run.

Think 'line drills' from basketball/American football.

Dont stop running, just change direction at a foul line, yardline, etc.

(edit reply)

Yeah, there is so little of the WODs I can actually do, at least I can

run shuttles without scaling!

Did 3 rounds due to time.

Deck squats bodyweight, 10 and 15 lb single dumbbells. DBs are

more for leverage than anything so I can get out of the 'hole.'

Flexibility is terrible.

Josh Schmitter

whaleysa-thanks for the confirmation :). Always a plus when I'm actually doing something correctly.

4 rounds:

-60s shuttle (these got rough the last 2 rounds)

-5 box jumps (only thing I had was about waist high, building something soon to remedy)

-20 jumping deck squats(10,10) These were death the first 2 rounds, but actually got a little easier...perhaps the acceptance of death :)

-5 depth jumps(off the top of car into grass)

2x30 weighted pike amongst other stretching.

Just took a contrast shower(1min hot/30s cold...repeat)...I am in the wasted, but feel pretty good state :).

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

5 min Rowing

12 Deck Squats

Rampup Box Jumps

Ramup Depth Jumps

WOD:

4 Rounds:

60s Rowing @ 1:45-1:48 / 500m Pace

5 Box Jumps (45" first round; then scaled down to 43")

20 Jumping Deck Squats (25#)

5 Depth Jumps (60"; My head is 2" away from ceiling, I'm maxed going to stay at this height now for a while)

Rest 2 minutes.

Finish with 2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch & more hamstring stretches.

bE6L4xyD-tg

Perfect Squat? Maybe. I don't know but still rounding a little bit at bottom (tight hamstrings). Feels very good though. If it feels good should we still do it? (I was just doing a normal body squat; I had the baton in my hand for fun. Its not an attempt at overheat squat lol)

bBq90R_IR3E

David Beckerman

I hate doing these metcon WODs but I feel great after, the deck sqauts were a killer.

4 rounds (3min rest)

60s sprints

5 box jump (used stairs up to decking)

20 deck squats (last 2 rounds came down to just squats as I was fried)

5 depth jumps

2 x 30s 15lb weighted pike stretch

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD:

Warm UP:FSP

3x15 s Straddle FL

3x15 s Adv. Tuck PL

3x15 s XR Adv. L-Sit

4 rds:

60 s shuttle run/jog

5 box jumps on side of truck bed (few inches short of chest high)

20 jumping deck squats

5 depth jumps from around 7 ft ladder

2 x 60 s seated toe point stretch