How to do a support forward roll?

Started by Kevin Conley, July 25, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,877 Views

Kevin Conley

I have been practicing forward rolls in preparation for a handstand (actually I can do a handstand). I however, need to learn to do a support forward roll. That entails being in a position of a handstand with the legs piked. I don't know how to practice to get to this :? . I am not advanced yet to press into a handstand, and I know there needs to be a way not requiring doing a handstand in the first place- the roll is for rolling out of the handstand to take danger out of windmilling in the firstplace....

Thanks for any comments.

Coach Sommer

Simply use a box or a wall to walk yourself up into the partial handstand position. Once there, you will be able to safely perform your modified handstand forward roll.

Make sure that the area you are training in is free of obstacles and also has a suitable surface to train on.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kevin Conley

Wow, never thought that Mr. Coach Sommer would help, Thanks!