back lever cheating

Started by balance, March 2, 2011 · 3 Replies · 3,410 Views

balance

I've heard people refer to some sort of cheating in the back lever involving the lats and arms in many posts, but I haven't found anywhere where this was explained in enough detail for me to understand so that I can make sure I am not doing it. I want to learn the move correctly. I already made the mistake of learning the wrong hand position at first, and it is a lot easier to straighten out now that I have my palms facing down. If someone could point me to some videos or pictures that contrast the correct form with the incorrect, that would be appreciated. Or if there is already a thread in existence that covers this, I would appreciate if you could point me there.

I am also now wondering if there is similar cheating to be careful to avoid in the front lever, since I was able to learn it much more quickly, even though it seems that most people feel it is a lot harder than the back lever.

Thanks.

Blairbob

You can't cheat in the front lever in the same way as back lever.

For the back lever you simply squeeze the lat and triceps together. Done correctly, they should not touch each other.

Alvaro

As Bob stated you can´t cheat with front lever :) . With back lever what I do once in the position is trying to separate the arms(like trying to push to a malteser but only moving like an inch :lol: ), that way you unlatch from your lats and in my case I fall quite a bit to the correct position.

Razz

Squeeze your scaps together in the BL to avoid cheating.