This is more of a question for Coach and Dillon, but others should feel free to chime in ![]()
First I'd like to thank Coach Sommers and the amazing members of this wonderful community for getting me to where I am today. About a year ago, my FSP hold times were:
FL flat tuck - about 10 seconds
BL flat tuck - about 10 seconds
Lsit PB low - about 20 seconds
Manna - non existent
PL - frog stand about 40 seconds
Straddle L pb bent - about 20 seconds
With no specific training in full lay positions and only training flat tuck levers, I somehow managed to be able to hold full lays for 10+ seconds. And I am still training flat tuck levers until I get to 60 seconds in one set. It just shows that steady state indeed does WORK, and you do not need to move to the next progression to get the progression after that.
Now they are:
FL - full lay - about 10+ seconds ( have to retest)
BL - full lay - about 10+ seconds (have to retest)
Lsit hands flat on floor - about 35 seconds (have to retest)
Manna - non existent, haven't started
PL - working on tucked for 20 second working sets (haven't tested max in a long time). Straddle PL - 2 seconds
Straddle L pb bent - about 40 seconds ( have to retest)
I can feel myself getting stronger day by day, and I just recently accomplished full 360 pulls with no momentum!
So now I would like to start training FL and BL in straddle positions since I'm pretty sure my flat tucks are now at 60 seconds (or should I skip straddle because my full lays are over 10 seconds?) . If I were to do that, how long should I be training straddle ? I 've seen posts saying that we should only train for 15 seconds. Is that training for 15 seconds or is that the maintenance hold after we have gotten the full lay?
So my two questions are:
1) What is the calculation for training times for straddle and full lay? ie: SSC for tuck is max time / 2 with max time being less than 60 seconds. And then do that number of sets to hit 60 seconds total. So in the straddle case, what is the max time we are looking for? Do we divide this time by 2? And what is the aggregated time of all the sets?
2) When does training front lever and back lever in the FSP turn into just a maintenance hold? Is it after hitting 15 second solid full lay? And if so, do we just hold the full lay for 15 seconds in the warmup and we are done?
Thanks,
Erich