The greatest community in online fitness.

Started by january, February 28, 2011 · 1 Replies · 1,894 Views

january

Hi guys, I've finally got an account here but have been reading and learning from here and the book for the past 8 months or so. Of any site or forum I've ever read, this place is the most well spoken and well informed, and has a great atmosphere; and that's not even mentioning the talent level here! I've learned so much from this place.

I'm 23 years old, and though I'm athletic and in good shape I was never very strong. Coach's knowledge and this forum have made me kinda strong! I fight professionally, and since taking up gymnastic as my sole form of strength training my training partners have been blown away and they always want to try whatever I do on rings... most failing at the muscle-up, though some can get there. I've learned that merely from wrestling I have decent pull strength, easily developing a straddle/one leg front lever; but not so strong pressing strength, really failing at tuck planches and straining to learn a full backlever.

I keep a log of my fight training, which includes my strength training (which I've been slacking on lately), in case any of you may be interested. It's in my signature, check it out! A lot of my training and philosophies have been inspired by people and knowledge I've learned from here.

But yeah, hi guys! Glad to finally be a member!

Cole Dano

Welcome to the forum!

Its amazing to know that, 8 months!

Well its been the same for me, i learn something almost everyday here.

Glad to hear you've been getting results as well, that's what its all about.