This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Velocity's Log (Start at Go) -- Now With Video!

Started by Velocity, February 28, 2011 · 28 Replies · 2,819 Views

Velocity

Yesterday: 6 x (6x25) meter sprints. Or, 6 sprints of six 25-meter shuttles. With about 1:00-1:30 between each sprint.

Today: Day 3 of template -- pull-ups and HeSPU!

1a) PL progression -- frog stand: 26, 22, 20, 19, 24, 22, 21, 23 sec. …… [[Average hold 22 1/8 seconds. Fairly stagnant compared to last time. Stupid knees getting sweaty. Can't wait until I get away from the knees-on-elbows movements, including advanced frog stand, so I don't have to deal with that anymore.]]

1b) FL progression -- tuck FL: 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 9, 9, 9 sec. …… [[Average hold 9.5 seconds. Improvement!]]

2a) HS progression -- wall HS: 8 x 35+ sec. …… [[Eh, all right. No free holds unfortunately.]]

2b) BL progression -- tuck BL: 16, 18, 15, 18, 18, 16, 15, 17 sec. …… [[Average hold 16 5/8 seconds. Don't know what was up today. I think I was preoccupied with trying to decipher my shoulder-hip angle, still something I'm not certain I'm getting exactly right. I'll post a vid next session… not that anyone will say anything about it here…]]

3a) HeSPU progression -- wall HeSPU ascents: 5 x 3 …… [[Wow! These were tough, but I managed the 5x3 with decent tempo between reps (due to resetting position). Due to not wanting to kick out and reset, on my last set, I descended in control after each ascent… so does that count as full wall HeSPU? The descent was a bit quicker, especially the last rep of set 5. That ascent was slow.]]

3b) Pull-up progression -- bar pull-ups: 5 x 4 …… [[These were okay, I guess. I tend to feel emphasis in the shoulder area for some reason, maybe I'm not engaging the lats actively… EDIT: Never mind, I'm feeling my back now (about 20 min. later)! haha]]

Velocity

This morning: Leg strength. Did no training yesterday, owing to the need to finish two large physics assignments.

1a) PL progression -- frog stand: 25, 22, 20, 21, 28, 22, 17, 25 sec. …… [[Not too bad. I was quite happy about the 28-second hold. Average time 22.5 seconds.

1b) FL progression -- tuck FL: 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9, 9, 9 sec. …… [[Average time 9 3/8 seconds. About the same as last time.]]

2a) HS progression -- wall HS: 8 x 35+ sec. …… [[still working on stamina right now. Free holds are not manifesting themselves…]]

2b) BL progression -- tuck BL: 15, 16, 20, 20, 17, 20, 15, 15 sec. …… [[Average hold 17 1/4 seconds. I'm trying, but this morning I was just getting fatigued. Mental and physical.]]

3a) SLS jumping, BW: 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 …… [[Went for height today. Not much height, a few inches, but solid.]]

3b) NLC -- bodyweight: 5 x 5 …… [[still working on rep speed and disallowing hip piking.]]

Velocity

Saturday: Basketball ~2 hours.

Sunday: ~1.5 hours shootaround.

Today: Day 4 of killroy set. Multi-plane pulls and (in my case) XR supports.

1a) PL progression -- frog stand: 22, 28, 27, 25, 22, 27, 23, 23 sec. …… [[Pretty good today. Average hold 24 5/8 seconds.]]

1b) FL progression -- tuck FL: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 7, 9 sec. …… [[Not too bad today, just a hiccough at set 7. Average time down from last time as a result, to 9.5 seconds.]]

2a) HS progression -- wall HS: 8 x 35+ sec. …… [[These went all right. Hardly anything in the way of free holds though.]]

2b) BL progression -- tuck BL: 20, 20, 15, 19, 16, 17, 17, 18 sec. ……[[i think these went fairly well overall. I'm still iffy on whether I have shoulder-hip alignment and I forgot to take a video of a set. Stupid me. Oh well.]]

3a) XR progression -- XR support: 13, 15, 13, 13, 12 sec. …… [[better than last time - average hold 13.2 seconds, up 1.6 from last time. Interesting is that during the reps, keeping my whole body tensioned I feel it significantly in my quad area -- the same area needed for flexibility/strength when doing L-sits and such to keep the knees straight. Not a cramp, not to that level, but certainly interesting to note.]]

3b) TOPS pulls -- full tuck: 4, 3, 3, 3, 3.5 …… [[Pacing of these is still a bit quick, but as strength improves I'll be slowing the tempo on the downward half of each rep. That's where the speed jump occurs, the eccentric portion. Total reps up by one.]]

Velocity

Tuesday: 10 x (4 x 25) meter sprints

Wednesday: Day 1 of killroy template

1a) PL progression -- frog stand: 20, 20, 25, 28, 24, 26, 28, 20 sec. …… [[Average hold of 23 7/8 seconds. A bit lower than last time, but still fairly decent. The 20-second holds at the start could've been longer had I not had slippery knee-elbow interaction.]]

1b) FL progression -- tuck FL: 10, 10, 10, 8, 9, 9, 9, 8 sec. …… [[Average hold of 9 1/8 seconds. Had some difficulty today with back endurance...]]

2a) HS progression -- wall HS: 8 x 35+ sec. …… [[back to wall, one foot on wall, etc. Nearly had a few free holds, but only one really stuck for more than a couple seconds.]]

2b) BL progression -- tuck BL: 20, 20, 16, 20, 18, 17, 14, 14 sec. …… [[Average hold of 17 3/8 seconds. Down 3/8 of a second but sets 7 and 8 I was growing fatigued.]]

3a) Row progression -- XR Bulgarian Row: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 …… [[i altered my foot position so that I could get enough outward pull from these. As a result I was starting with feet flat on the floor and knees at 90 degree angle. The reps here were a bit quick, so I'll be sticking with this configuration until I can do them in a more controlled fashion.]]

3b) PU progression -- Ground PPP: 5, 3, 2.5*, 3*, 1+1+1* …… [[Took video of the second set and WOW was I piking my hips. Corrected form on sets 3-5… or at least tried. -_- Video of my final set, rep #2, is given below… Should I move to a hips-piked position until strength improves enough to go to a straight-back/open hips position?]]

pmF-XbRhctw