Yuri's Cross Country Roadtrip

Started by yuri marmerstein, February 27, 2011 · 19 Replies · 4,364 Views

yuri marmerstein

Hello Acrobats!!!

This april I will be packing up my car and driving across the country. Because I will be on the road, I am very interested in meeting people from the community. Just because I am driving is no excuse not to train.

so here is a list of states I have the opportunity to pass through. Of course I can't make all of them but the route has not been planned out yet.

Indiana

Illinois

Missouri

Iowa

Nebraska

Kansas

Oklahoma

New Mexico

Colorado

Wyoming

Arizona

Utah

Nevada

If you live in any of these states and are interested in meeting please don't hesitate to post a reply or send me a PM. Even better if you could provide a couch for me to crash on for a night. I would be very grateful. In return I can cook manly meals for you and entertain you with one arm handstands.

John Sapinoso

darn, no virginia?

sounds fun! be sure to take pics and keep us updated...

yuri marmerstein

sorry, I would love to but virginia is pretty far out of the way for me

My camera has 80 gig hard drive so I will definitely be taking lots of pics and video

Razz

Damn that sounds cool! Wish I was the one doing that!

Philip Chubb

I think you will get even more replies if you cook while doing a one arm handstand. Sorry to see you are not going to the tristate area.

Archie Moses

If you happen to make it to Southern California, I have a couch and some local grassfed bison for you! I would love to train with an experienced handbalancer!

There is a nice gym a few minutes from my place as well, Cal State University Long Beach. Has open hours 3 days a week.

Super cool that you are making that trip! I am planning a month long pacific northwest trip this summer! getting pretty amped!

Good luck!

John Sapinoso

how are you NOT going to socal though???

yuri marmerstein
Archie Moses said:
If you happen to make it to Southern California, I have a couch and some local grassfed bison for you! I would love to train with an experienced handbalancer!

There is a nice gym a few minutes from my place as well, Cal State University Long Beach. Has open hours 3 days a week.

Super cool that you are making that trip! I am planning a month long pacific northwest trip this summer! getting pretty amped!

Good luck!

That sounds amazing, and I'm sure I will be in LA some time or other in the not so distant future. When I am there I will definitely take you up on your offer for some training and bison meat.

ts00nami said:
how are you NOT going to socal though???

haha well the real purpose of my trip is to relocate from Cleveland to Las Vegas. There are more places I'd like to go of course but I don't want to make my drive too much longer than it has to be.

Billy Cook

Yuri,

We are located in Midland, Tx just below the New Mexico border. We would love to have a training session with you and show you the sights of flat West Texas. Definitely have a place for you to stay.

Please consider dropping done to Texas. You have not been to the USA if you dont come to Texas.

Billy

yuri marmerstein

Midland, TX is doable so consider it done. I had a reply on another forum from someone in houston, but that's too far out of the way for me. I can make it through midland though

I'll be getting into contact with you shortly and I thank you in advance for your hospitality

Alexander Moreen

You gonna make it through Tucson Arizona, or just Phoenix?

yuri marmerstein
Lavastine said:
You gonna make it through Tucson Arizona, or just Phoenix?

I was actually already planning on making a stop in tucson, I'll make sure to contact you

yuri marmerstein

anyone located in missouri or oklahoma?

yuri marmerstein
bjcook said:
Yuri,

We are located in Midland, Tx just below the New Mexico border. We would love to have a training session with you and show you the sights of flat West Texas. Definitely have a place for you to stay.

Please consider dropping done to Texas. You have not been to the USA if you dont come to Texas.

Billy

Billy:

I have never been to texas and I am excited to add you to my list of stops. However, for some reason my PMs to you are not sending.

If you catch this post, would you mind sending your contact info to yuri.marmer@gmail.com?

yuri marmerstein

Leaving Ohio in two weeks

here are my stops:

Chicago

St. Louis

Oklahoma City

Midland, TX

Tucson

final destination:

Las Vegas

Seiji

Moving to LA so you can go live with Scott? :lol:

scottmo

Forum members, I have had the unique opportunity to train with Yuri three times in the past couple weeks prior to his departure from Cleveland Ohio to Las Vegas to join Circ de Soleil. For those of you who are meeting him on his upcoming journey you will not be dissapointed as he is a great teacher as well as being extremely skilled and humble, he is a true asset to this forum.

yuri marmerstein

Thanks for the kind words, Scott

Next time I see you I hope you will be repping out HS presses and straddle planches with ease. I took some of that Jack3d today and the effect was pretty strong.

ASForum

Lovely :) What are you gonna be doing in Vegas? Hand Balancing Circus Soliel the show?

yuri marmerstein
crashnburn said:
Lovely :) What are you gonna be doing in Vegas? Hand Balancing Circus Soliel the show?

haven't quite worked everything out yet but I want to try my hand as a performer.

For now basically just going where the wind takes me.