Frequency of different types of stretching

Started by gymrob, July 22, 2008 · 0 Replies · 2,840 Views

gymrob

Hi all,

Coach I was wondering in particular in addition to anyone else, how often you have your athletes do different types of stretches such as:

Active

Relaxed passive

Isometric

Dynamic etc

At the moment I do active 4 times a week, relax 7 days a week, isometric about 3 times a week and dynamic sometimes everyday.

I am close to front splits so am pleased but I would like a great deal of active flexibility that will allow me to have a good compression for press handstands and for a V sit etc. With seated leg raises I can basically get my legs right next to my face but when supporting myself with straight arms (V sit) I can't get them there. Is it a long way away from a seated leg lift?

Thanks :D