Hey, I'm new to this forum and was pointed here by a crewmate of mine. I come from a breakdancing background, and recently injured myself doing flares. I'd done a very basic groin stretch before I started practicing, and I'd actually practiced for about an hour and a half or so when I injured myself. I flare counter clockwise, so my first kicking leg is my left leg. I kicked with my left leg and it felt like a very clean sweep-- however, once my left leg had extended to the point in front of me where I was going to swing my right leg back under, I felt a tightening sensation and then felt a pop in my groin. I fell and realized that putting any tight of pressure-- like trying to lift my leg up side ways while bent-- made my groin extremely tender. This happened a week ago. However, I also recently did a move which threw my legs wide open with force, and that injured my groin even further, eliciting very strong pain. It was a dumb decision to do the move. I was wondering how I should approach rehabilitating my groin and a very broad time frame of how long it will take to heal. If you need any more information please let me know, thank you!
Injury Help
Started by BuddyRTC, February 25, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,466 Views
Groin injuries are painful.
You are looking at a minimum of 6 weeks. Don't push it in anyway, but do keep gently mobile, as the injury allows.
As it starts to feel stronger, slowly add eccentric strengthening. I wish i had more for you.
Mr Brady said:Groin injuries are painful.You are looking at a minimum of 6 weeks. Don't push it in anyway, but do keep gently mobile, as the injury allows.
As it starts to feel stronger, slowly add eccentric strengthening. I wish i had more for you.
Wow. Thank you for responding, although I definitely don't like the truth of it =/ At this point, do you have any advice about icing and/or stretching it?
Don't stretch it if that hurts it at all. Don't stretch for a while after you ice it. Don't stretch while under the effects of any pain killers(Ibprofen). Do move your hip around through every bit of mobility that doesn't hurt or aggravate your injury.