New to GB.com

Started by Rafael, February 25, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,579 Views

Rafael

Hey everybody/Coach,

Just figured I should introduce myself before I started posting in the other threads.

My name is Rafael, I'm 30, 5' 4"-ish, and about 130lbs.

I'm not completely new to training as I have done weight lifting etc. in the past, but have just gotten back from a 8+ month hiatus (fell off the wagon).

I was really interested in Crossfit, and through researching rings, came across this forum. Not only did this appeal as an excellent way to get into prime functional physical conditioning, but I think the work seems more fun than barbells/dumbells.

I have been lurking the forum for a little bit, in the hopes of not asking too many questions that have already been answered time and time again. I will/do have questions though, as the information is a little overwhelming, but I will save that for later. I'm realizing that my experience with weights doesn't apply as much as I thought it would, and I have been constantly jumping back between the forum and a word document I made with the acronyms in it.

About 15 minutes ago I got my tax return direct deposited into my bank account, and ordered PKG2 from the store immediately afterward. I can't wait to get started. I'm currently living in a big house with lots of roommates, and there are pristine places to hang rings and even a rope climb.

Prior to tonight I have just been learning, and I did try out some of the Frog Planche yesterday. I was quite surprised how sore I was the next day, although I will admit, I haven't worked out much lately.

Part of my dishonorable hiatus was due to the fact that I was in school. I just got a Film degree, and I plan on taking a lot of progress videos and pics. I also plan on posting videos in the Digital Coaching section as soon as I get started.

Anywho, I'm glad to join up and get crackin'!

Thanks everybody, and thanks Coach! :mrgreen:

-Rafael Lewis

Michael Traynor

Welcome :) I hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy your journey even more :)

Newguy

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to tearing apart your form and piecing it back together in the videos you post :wink:

Rafael

Thanks! I look forward to becoming frustrated with my inability to hold positions with proper form due to lack of strength. Any castigation of form will be gladly accepted. :wink:

Thanks guys!

Cole Dano

You will find a minimum of castigation here.

Scale the exercises to where you can do them with good form and we will all be happy.

Rafael

Cool. I will do so, and take things nice and easy till I get it right. Last thing I want is an injury, and to not be able to train. Thanks man!

Quick Start Test Smith

Welcome to GB, Rafael. :)

Rafael

Thanks Patrick!

Just picked up PKG2 from the post office! Gonna dive into the book and dvd's before I go ahead and throw up the rings. Anyway, excited!