This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110225

Started by Coach Sommer, February 25, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,118 Views

Coach Sommer

RwnlIPq_7A4

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

7 Clapping Pull-ups

6 FL Circle Pulls

5 – 360 Pulls

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Perform the Clapping Pull-ups immediately after the shuttle run.

4) The clap in the Clapping Pull-ups should occur with the chin above the bar.

5) Move immediately from the Clapping Pull-ups to the FL Circle Pulls and then immediately to the 360s.

6) Remember that you may adjust the body position of the 360s as needed.

7) If the Clapping Pull-ups and FL Circle Pulls are too easy, please increase the resistance using a weighted vest for the Clapping Pull-ups and weights hung from the ankles for the FL Circle Pulls.

8 ) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Josh Schmitter

Felt a little better about today...

4 rounds of

-60s shuttle...63 degrees and a light rain, perfect for sprints :)

-7 Jumping pull ups

-6 ...this is where I had problems

-5 TOP tuck pulls first round, Body Levers mostly adv. tuck(90/90) for the last 3.

I had trouble subbing for the FL pulls. First round I tried a negative tuck FL then a jumping pull, but then realized I had switched to 5 Body Levers next which was way to similar a movement to the neg. FL. I just settled on 5 rows, legs bent at 90. Ideally I wanted to do 6 rows and 6 pulls, but there's no way I could do that without a break in between...I will try running back and forth: jumping pull, row 6x next time just to see if I can manage that, but still unsure...especially if I can't manage that.

Any thoughts much welcome...

until then, I will ENDURE :).

Tyler Schmitz

warm up:FSP

3x15 s manna (getting stronger)

HS hold (worked on straight body)

4 rds:

60 s shuttle run/jog

7 clapping pull ups

6 adv tuck FL pulls

5 360 Pulls (flat tuck/tuck front pull, straddle/adv tuck BL pull)

rested 3 min in between rounds

Calder Photography

My first week back from a 3 week sickness.

This workout owned me. I was struggling big time. I feel like i've lost alot in the time I've been off.

Had to scale it to:

60 secs skipping

5 jumping clap pulls

4 fl pulls tucked (rest needed during)

3 360 pulls tucked (rest needed)

How do you think my scaling is?

I feel pretty sucky about this workout.

Calder Photography

I only did 3 rounds as well

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

4 rounds! felt good today. no video too much people everyhwere

Stewart Whaley

FSP warmup

3 rounds:

60 jump rope sprints

Kipping pullups

Foot supported rows

3-5 360's

Took it really easy today and yesterday.

I can hear the 'elbow bug' creeping up behind

me so severly curtailing straight arm work

and other elbow/biceps stressors for a while.

David Barclay

I finally did this workout, thank you.

I did the FL circle pulls in a tuck, and they destroyed me for the 360 pulls. I could only do 1.5 360s in a tuck before I had to stop and rest. As I was doing them on a straight bar (all I have at my office gym) I got through the rest of the workout by using the bar to kick my feet off to make it all the way around.

I am not sure how I should have scaled this workout, as 5 360 tuck pulls in a row is not usually an issue for me.

humbled,

David

Gerald Mangona

To modify the FL Circle Pulls (Tuck), you can just get into an inverted hang and do the negative rep. If you can't do that full layout, then modify with a tuck, advanced tuck, etc.

Does that help what you're talking about?

J

Gerald Mangona

Still doing one round of the WOD.

FSP Warmups

FSP Plank 2 x 15s

FSP Reverse Plank 2 x 15s

FSP Assisted Chin Hang 2 x 15s

FSP XR Support RTI 2 x 15s

FSP Arch 2 x 30s

FSP Hollow Arch 2 x 30s

FSP Diamond Push-Up Hold 3 x 20s

Tricep Extension (2lbs.) - Each Arm 30

Plank Leans (for bicep tendon) 60s

Pre-Wod

Dips

2-2-2-2-2

Rest 5 Min.

2-2-2-2-1.5 (did negative, but couldn't get back up)

WOD

10 Double Unders

5s Rest

10 Double Unders

5s Rest

10 Double Unders

7 Jumping Pull-ups

5s Rest

7 Jumping Pull-ups

5s Rest

7 Jumping Pull-ups

5s Rest

6 Body Lever (Tuck)

5 Tick Tocks (Tuck)

Notes:

Body Levers were easy. Move to Advanced Tuck Body Lever

Tick Tocks were kinda tough after fatigue. No pause at any position.

Alvaro

This one almost killed me.

With the first one I substituted the shuttle runs with burpees the other 3 with the leg WOD ( next day WOD)sprint.

- 7 explosive rows

-6 TOP pulls

-5 inverted hang to FL tuck then to Tuck BL.

I think I still have to further scale down this pulling WOD but overall much better and coul perform the prescribed repetitions ( form was suffering though)