Parkour bar set up

Started by Ryan Libke, February 23, 2011 · 3 Replies · 5,433 Views

Ryan Libke

I have been watching Jump City on G4, and they had some interesting set ups for the Freerunning courses. They basically attached some pipes/bars together with some sort of clamp/joiner. Primal Fitness also features like hardware in their YouTube videos showing their gym.

I would like to set up a small structure in my backyard. I want it to be something I could put up and take down, as I do not have a big yard. Does any one know what those pipe clamp/joiners are called? It almost looks like a sccaffolding piece, but my searches thus far have not returned results.

Any other ideas for a backyard bar structure?

Guest

Maybe Johnny (Ts00nami) can help you out - his current training facility has some of these 'scaffolding' structures (from what I have seen in his recent vids).

kbryk

I would suggest Scaffolding, although setting up something by yourself is tough. Another suggestion would be a play ground.

John Sapinoso

Yup, we have some at my gym (urbanevo). We use piping (i think 2 inch diameter) and swivel clamps for our angled bars and right angle clamps for the pipes the require structural integrity. Ours is also drilled into the ground and a cement wall. This could be set up in a backyard setting, I've seen it done. It would definitely require some helping hands though...