This is better right?
Sy_jrUONb98
then this previous one...
mKRcg5ZojvA
I still feel like something is not right... what am I not doing in the new one?
Started by Patrick Angelo Sardilli, February 23, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,776 Views
This is better right?
Sy_jrUONb98
then this previous one...
mKRcg5ZojvA
I still feel like something is not right... what am I not doing in the new one?
In your front swing, you need to pull your arms backwards behind your head, instead of into a front lever position.
Thanks Darius shall do.
I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to do swings or swing/kip pullups? You shouldn't be pulling up on the rings at all if you're trying to swing. The proper form for learning swings would be: Squeeze your ears with your arms and try to get your feet pointing to the ceiling in both directions. In the front make sure your head does not pull back behind your arms. You must squeeze your ears with your arms. That is the very basic swing. Once you can do that well, then we can start talking about how to push/pull on the rings correctly. *Warning: High chance of injury if not ready for this. A lot of explosive force for the tendons.*
Dillon
Hi Dillon,
I am just trying to learn the basic gymnastic swing (not kipping pullups on rings).
thanks exactly what I`m trying to understand how to do.
Your back swing is good, you front swing should be similar. Try to keep your body posture hollow, and remember this is more of a momentum movement rather than strength and as Dillion suggested it is used for preparation. The thing I remember that got the whole movement connected is to keep the chest out at the end of the swing, keep a hollow posture with toes pointed out and feet together.
Swings are also difficult to do on a small apparatus.
A+ Thanks!
1. thing
go to longer straps!!!
You wont learn anything on a such short straps....
Gregor said:1. thinggo to longer straps!!!
You wont learn anything on a such short straps....
I know... nothing I can do about that at the moment haha. ![]()