This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Leandro's Log

Started by Leandro, February 21, 2011 · 8 Replies · 907 Views

Leandro

Hey! I decided to keep a workout log so I can see my progress and hopefully get some advices from people!

Current Status:

32 Years old

1,82m

86 Kg

8,8% BF (last time checked, around november 2010)

Some Background:

I did recreational gymnastics in childhood and even some near 18. Nothing serious though. I have some taekwondo and kung fu years in the past too. I have been lifting weights for some years until october 2009 thats when I decided to go back to gymnastics. I came to know BtGB soon after and started some training by myself but I think I overdid things for a while and got some pain here and there. To get things worse, I sprained really bad my ankle in april 2010. I'm still not 100%. From april to the near end of 2010 it was everything wrong, food, training, no motivation, etc. But now I'm back to it, I'm doing the wods it's been a month I think, and I plan to go back to the gymnastic training soon, along with the wods.

So here I come. I hope I can keep this log full and acurate for a long time! Any coments are always welcome!

Last thing, I'm currently doing 4x15 for most FSP, I did not checked my max holds, some are easy, some are near max. Soon I will get my max holds and start a proper SSC, the way it's suposed to be.

Leandro

MONDAY

21-FEV-2011

WARM UP:

Shoulder mobilization, scapula pushups, curls and triceps with bands, dislocates, light stretch.

4x15 Lsit

4x15 Adv. FS

2x30 Planche leans

2x30 Reverse pushups

4x15 Straddle L

4x15 Front Lever Tuck

4x15 Back Lever Tuck

4x15 German Hang

WOD:

4 rounds of:

2 sets of 30s HS wall runs

20s clap pushups

2 sets of 30s swings on pbars with some dips

20s walking on pbars tucked

Forgot wrist pushups....

Gavin Strelitz

Good luck with it. For the record I like the way you scaled this WOD, very practical.

Leandro

Thanks! I liked too. There's no way I can do Lsit walks on the floor right now =)

Leandro

TUESDAY

22-FEV-2011

WARM UP:

Shoulder moves with bands, scapula pushups, curls and triceps with bands, dislocates, light stretch.

2x30 Planche leans

4x15 Lsit

4x15 Adv. FS

4x15 Straddle L

2x15 Back Lever Tuck

3X5 Band Asissted MU. (I found out that these are an awesome warm up for the elbows, I'm adding these every WU)

WOD:

3 Rounds of:

Assisted MU, 2 Bulg.Dips, Shoulder St., Roll(or fall lol)Get to Mu again, Shoulder St., Reverse MU assisted, 2R.Cranks, 2Cranks.

5 Rounds of:

15s Tuck FL

15s XR Straps HS

15s GH

2x10 Wall Extensions

Added some extra:

4x6 Ring Dips

4x8 Ring Pushups

4x3 Assisted Negative Reverse MU (great biceps exercise)

3x10 HLL

2x10 Oblique HLL tucked

3x10 Crunches on PBars

Heavy Leg Stretches

Felt really great in this wod. It's the first time I go out in a park with rings to exercise, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Leandro

THURSDAY

24-FEV-2011

My elbows are hurting a bit from tuesday's GH, and I was also still fried, so this wod was kinda weak.

WU:

Dislocates, curls, triceps with bands.

3 sets:

15s chin grip + 5 Yewkis (tuck)

15s Lsit + 5 dips

15s FLtuck + 5HLL

5 Bridge wall walks.

Leandro

Next week is going to be a repetition of previous wods. I wanna be 1 week behind, because I want to add some extra work eventually, and being able to predict the next days will be very helpfull.

The extra will be for hypertrophy purposes, I don't know if I will do it right, but I will aim for isolated exercises and ones who have the less joint strain possible. LIke dips, pushups, pull ups, rows, biceps and triceps with heavy elastics. Probably not adding shoulder and legs, because the wods are already very heavy on them.

I see that tuesdays wod hurt my elbows but it was not due to the extra, it was due to overdoing GH. I will take more lightly with straith arm work from now on, maybe asissted GH and neutral grip BL, this last probably less than 15s sets.

I also plan to get my max holds on adv FS, FL, Straddle, Lsit and maybe BL on monday, instead of doing the full usual WU. Maybe I will play with MSH to see if my triceps can handle them for at least 10 seconds.

Leandro

MAX HOLDS:

Lsit: 30s (legs below horizontal)

Adv. FS: 40s

Straddle: 30s (way below horizontal)

FL Round Tuck: 33s

BL Round Tuck: 23s

MSH: 10s

Leandro

MONDAY

28-FEV-2011

WARM UP:

Shoulder mobilization, scapula pushups, curls and triceps with bands, dislocates, light stretch.

MAX HOLDS

WOD:

4 rounds of:

2 sets of 30s HS wall runs

20s clap pushups

2 sets of 30s swings on pbars with some dips

20s walking on pbars tucked

Handstand training

2x10 wrist pushups