Any advice or critique will be greatly appreciated. I had lots of hurtles this SSC, including a week off to heal a pulled fore arm muscle. Would love the help nailing the programming on this one and getting back on track. Thanks in advance!
Old times:
Straddle L (bent legs)= 47s - (3x17s)
FL Flat tuck= 32s - (4x16s) *learned about scapula retraction about 4 wks in and went back to tuck variation.
Reverse Pushup= 60s - (3x33s)
Tuck PL= 8s-10s - (8x8s) *this was a rocky road, shoulder flared up and took time off tuck PL work, then worked sets of tuck PL and Adv. Frog super sets
Tuck BL= 40s - (3x20s)
L-sit= 34s bars - (4x17s) *moved this to the floor after a few weeks
PL lean= 25s - (5x12s)
XR support= 50s - (3x25s)
New Times:
Straddle L (bent legs)= 60s
*Straddle L (low)= 30s
FL tuck= 50s
Reverse Pushup= 60s
Tuck PL= 6s
Tuck BL= 60s
*Adv. Tuck BL= 45s
L-sit= 35s floor
PL lean= 45s
XR support= 60s
New SSC:
Straddle L (low)= 4x15s
Tuck FL= 3x25s
Adv. Frog = 2x60s
Reverse Pushup= 1x60s
Adv. Tuck BL= 3x22s
L-sit (floor)= 3x20s
PL lean= 3x25s
XR-support= 2x45s
1 day / wk. replace Tuck FL work with:
-Adv. Tuck FL= 1 min vol. stopping 2-3 sec before breaking form each set
-3x3 Front Lever pulls
-3x3 Front pulls
1 day / wk. replace Adv. Frog work with:
-Tuck PL= 1 min vol. stopping 2-3 sec before breaking form each set
-3x8 PPP
Trying to implement some transitional strength training to help me get over the hump of the tuck PL and get that full 60s of tuck FL, as slizzardman recommened.
Questions:
1. I can hold a 15s straddle BL, I am squeezing lats to tris, which I know is not the goal. Should I work it as shown above or work 8x8s straddle BL?
2. What should I do with the XR-support and reverse pushup? Should they be in the warmup for 1x60s?