My 6 Elementary FSP's

Started by Anthony King, February 18, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,504 Views

Anthony King

I'm posting video in response to Slizzardman's instructions below on "pre-book" beginner FSP's

60s plank

60s reverse plank

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Parallel Bar support.

60s chin up grip dead hang

[. . .]

When you put a 6 minute video up showing me you have accomplished all of this I will assist you in the next step. In the meantime, master what I posted. Put up a video of your initial attempts so that we can see where you are starting from. It will help if you are wearing shorts that do not cover your knees and a tight tank top or no shirt at all. We need to be able to see your body in order to help you. Post that in Digital Coaching.

I've been doing GB workouts for about seven or eight weeks. I haven't read the quote above for some time, and it looks like I didn't follow directions well because yesterday was the first time I took any video.

Video is here.

I have been able to hold all six positions for 60s from day one, but it was very, very difficult in the beginning. They aren't effortless now, but they are much easier.

Any criticism is appreciated, and if I'm doing well enough to move on to the next step I'd appreciate instruction on that as well.

Cole Dano

It all looks ok except for the hollow hold, which is the most difficult. It may take a few cycles but get it more stretched out. This is one of those elements that just has to be solid so take your time each cycle taking it a notch lower.

The arch hold could be higher but i'd give it a pass just keep working on it.

HollowHold918.jpg

Anthony King

Ooops, looks like I didn't know what the hollow hold was supposed to look like. Thanks for the pic. I've been trying to hold myself in more of a V shape. My little boy has called it "the ditch".