This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coach: training strutcture

Started by Razz, February 17, 2011 · 5 Replies · 126 Views

Razz

Hello Coach, Dillon and anyone else who have this information.

Wondering how you structure the training with your athletes. Is it warmup-->WOD-->event training or is it warmup-->event training-->WOD?

I know Dillon told me that ring strength would be the last thing you do that day. I also believe I've read Coach stating that the WODs might tire his athletes before event training in the beginning of a SSC.

Regards

Rasmus

Dillon Zrike

We always conditioned at the end of the workout. I do know that Coach prefers 3 different workouts a day when it comes to training gymnasts but we never could cause of school and all. I wish I had though. Coach may correct me but I would say Warmup - Skill training - WOD.

Dillon

Pedro Otero

So how would multiple sessions a day break down then?

something like "a) Prehab; b)Skills; c)Conditioning" or "a)skills; b)Prehab+Conditioning?" (with warmups at the start of each session, I guess?)

Dillon Zrike

I don't really know, Coach has it all worked out. It might be something like Morning: warmup, 2 events, condition. Mid-day: warmup, 2 events. Evening: Warmup, 2 events, condition. I don't know, something like that. Pre-hab is usually done right before the event it's needed for. Like I do a shoulder and elbow series before rings, wrists for pommel horse and so forth.

Dillon

Razz

Cool, thanks a lot Dillon! :D

Blairbob

WU (included is some basic tumbling/HS stuff)

basic fsp WU

presses

FSP SSC

event training

WOD

stretch