I ran into this article and I wonder if it's true?
Is this true?
Started by befunctional, July 16, 2008 · 5 Replies · 3,926 Views
It was true in that particular author's experience. Years ago when that article first came out, I corresponded with Mark about the dangers of generalizing the entire sport from his own specific, admittedly unfortunate, situation. The conversation concluded with Mark wishing that he had been lucky enough to be able to train in my program.
My own athletes work extremely hard, but never at the cost of pain or physical impairment. The one guaranteed method for my athlete's to make me angry is to attempt to hide an injury and continue to train without my consent that it is safe and appropriate.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer, I guess you have the antagonistic training in your book(s)?
are there some exercise-test to find muscolar imbalance?
Gentlemen, you are currently engaging in "paralysis by analysis". You are far far removed in your training from the issues that Mark was dealing with as a competitive collegiate athlete attempting to perform high level skills with an improperly designed physical preparation program.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Now I'm relieved ![]()