WOD iPhone app?

Started by junior, February 10, 2011 · 4 Replies · 4,054 Views

junior

Would it be possible to get an WOD iphone app, which displayes the current WOD, information about the exercises, etc?

Would be a great tool to have at the gym.

Kind regards,

Marius

George Launchbury

Hi junior,

Unfortunately I think an iPhone App is unlikely, for a number of reasons, although it would certainly be a nice tool.

I am guessing here, but I would imagine that Coach went for this forum-based approach for posting the WODs (instead of the alternate Blog format) because it is more conducive to the discussion that often arises regarding the WOD. It also makes it much easier for newcomers to get up to speed on the WODs, and search through the information/discussion etc.

It may be possible to set up some kind of RSS feed, which would assist with quick reference on mobile devices, using the data from the first posts in the WOD category ...however I am pretty snowed under at work currently, and won't have time to look at it for quite a while.

Cheers,

George.

Scott Malin

Objective C is rather...fun...to program in. If there were to be a mobile program developed, you'd probably want something more flexible than pulling off the WoD anyways. Your best bet for now is to bookmark the WoD forum.

Tarun Suri

Yeah, I currently have the WOD forum page as a bookmark which I created a "app" for. Not really an app, but just an icon on one of my pages on my iphone.

Michael Traynor

Step 1 Go to WOD post

Step 2 highlight all text in post including date.

Step 3 paste text into iPhone's notepad app.

Step 4 go to gym

Easy peasey no need for anyone to spend time and money trying to fit all this information into an app when the forum browses great on iPhones or any smart phone, posting this with my iPhone now. :)