WODs + pushups

Started by Mathias Flækøy, February 9, 2011 · 10 Replies · 3,199 Views

Mathias Flækøy

Hello!

If i will improve my maximum number of pushups - how should i incorporate them with the WODs?

Should I doing them in the warmups? I honestly dont think it will work, cause if i do, let's say, 3x15 pushups in the warmup, it will affect the WODs. So, would it be better for me to do some pushup training in the rings after the WODs, and which WODs ?

ashita

Honestly, if 3*15 of push up tire you , you are not enough strong yet to train with rings........

Mathias Flækøy

I'm not saying it will tireing me, but effect the WODs - well, 3x15 was just an example, but that's not the point.

Alexander Moreen

Depends on how bug of a focus pushups are for you. I'd personally test my max and do 1 set of half that every training day in the warmup and retest once a month or so. If its really important to you, then do more sets and training that focuses on horizontal pressing.

Michael Miskelly

If you do your WOD's early in the day you could prob just work on your push up numbers seperately later on, its not like you need equipment or anything so wouldn't be much of a problem. Just an idea if you have the time and can handle a little extra.

Joshua Chan

Ashita is right. Warm up gets your muscles ready for the harder stuff, it should not affect your performance. For example, if I try HSPU without warming up first, I'll probably won't get past 10 or 12, but if I warm up first I might even get up to say 20. Please test your max reps and we'll take it from there.

Mathias Flækøy

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately i can't do the WODs earlyer, I have a school to take care of.

I already know my max, and it's probably around 50, MAX.

ashita

Yes grease the groove seem to be really good for increase your number, i heard good from it but never tried.

Well an other idea i can suggest you if you aren't too hurry ton increase your push up , first i'm wondering why you want to increase it .? is it for a contest ?

But you can do a few set of 50-60 % of your max in your warming up at each workout, and once or twice a week , do a set of max rep.

Mathias Flækøy

I will give Greease the Groove a try, thanks. I will improve my maximum number because of a military selection.

ashita

Oh ok , good luck.