Check this kid out for strength

Started by kevp951, February 8, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,365 Views

kevp951

Hi guys,

Check out this kid on youtube, he's incredibly strong. Sure wish I was young again... :)

AlexX

Yeah I've posted that before, the guy is awesome because his tutorials are so well though out. He literally pours all information possible into them. Plus it's not exactly like there are a ton of enthusiasts who do bodyweight feats on you tube (compared to lifting videos).

You know age is only as important as you make it out to be. My father (no previous athletic experience in his life) at 43 took up strength training and made some very significant gains, got to a 2x bw deadlift in under 1.5 years. At 49 (former bodybuilder who kept working out throughout the years)a family friend trained and is able to to do a one arm chin up from just above lockout. Jack Arnow relearned the one arm chin at 60+ years of age. John Gill on his website states "Climbers in their 50s and early 60s are veteran, not senior athletes - mere youths!" - he means body-weight enthusiasts as well, so you aren't even a veteran in his eyes oh and he can still do a front lever at the age of 70 despite ripping the bicep tendon off the bone.

kevp951

Well I'm 45 and I took up gymnastics at 42..... I've had a shoulder injury from doing back handsprings..even though I warm up and do flexibility exercises, it's just not the same as "the good ol days" when I was 15 or 20 years old. And I've also had some mild tissue damage in my ab area from back handsprings from the full body extension as I go thru the back handspring I guess because my tissue isn't as flexible anymore either. So even though I'll never be Olympic material, I still have a lot of fun doing it, I just wish I'd have gotten into it at about 10 years old. And I don't know about others, but I am also not able to have the full strength I had up till I was about 31 or so.... seems like after 35 it started going downhill for me.

Philip Chubb

My friend, I believe you are still young and able to only grow younger. I really think aging is more a matter of diet than it is the years you live. Get your diet good and you heal faster and strengthen more quickly.