I thought I would throw this up here and see if any light can be shed. I have had this problem for about 2 months know off and on. It seemed to start during some half GHR when it felt like a tendon(or something similiar) rolled over the outside of my left knee, but felt it more at the calf connection. It didn't so much as hurt as feel like a twangy sensation...using the technical language of course.
Anyways, when I do any kind of sprinting, jump rope, etc. I start feeling a tightness on the outside/back of my left calf about an inch or 2 down from where it meets the knee. If I keep at it for a long while...i.e. when I'm playing laser tag, especially going up and down uneven surfaces it starts to present in the outside of the knee. If pushed(which I have done once) it hurts to the point of limping. At this point it only hurts when the leg is coming out of being bent a bit with weight on it, NOT so much just having weight on it while bent in a static...the actual coming from or going into that position. I've been scouring the net and found lots of things, and I'm fully aware of the lack of information for any kind of diagnosis; just trying to shed some more information light if possible.
Thanks in advance.