For nearsighted people

Started by Kyle Courville, February 3, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,629 Views

sean.albo

Glasses are not paleo.

I wear glasses, but I once (in an altered state) flung them into the sea. I ended up finding them the next day, like Golem and the ring. Thanks for the link. Seems like it might be in part a marketing strategy, but it does only seem logical that being paleo about eye health eliminates conditions like myopia.

I want paleo-vision.

Kyle Courville
sean.albo said:
Glasses

are not paleo.

I wear glasses, but I once (in an altered state) flung them into the sea. I ended up finding them the next day, like Golem and the ring. Thanks for the link. Seems like it might be in part a marketing strategy, but it does only seem logical that being paleo about eye health eliminates conditions like myopia.

I want paleo-vision.

I know exactly how you feel. My eyes have gotten worse, the first sign was at the DMV about 8 months ago. I want to stop nearsightedness in its tracks and reverse it. I am going to buy this book:http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Perfect-Vision-Prevent-Nearsightedness/dp/1556436777/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top. It appears that people are very successful with it. My goal is at least 20/25. Pinhole glasses also appear to reduce the strain of reading for extended periods without the negative side effects of glasses.

Good luck on your journey to better vision, and watch out for paleo-tigers in the distance. :D

Chris Hansen

Please let us know how it goes.

Kyle Courville
The Hansenator said:
Please let us know how it goes.

Sure thing. It is going to be difficult to find accurate information. There are a lot of different methods out there. They all try to knock each other, but I am trying to find a good open-minded middle ground. So far it seems as if I need to limit nearsigthed work as much as possible, take frequent breaks from reading, reteach eyes to focus on further objects, teach eyes to relax, get plenty of sunlight, eat a good paleo diet with plenty of antioxidants and omega-3s, and sleep in a totally dark room.

Here is the blog where I started my quest for better vision: http://gettingstronger.org/rehabilitation/. There are some good links on the side.

Quantitative data: DMV eye exam 7 months ago 20/40; doctor visit right after school about 3 weeks ago (eyes were already very tired from a computer class, so I would say this is a little off) 20/60

That last visit worried me, and now I am going to do something about it. This seems a little off topic so I will start a workout log and post improvements and finds there for those interested.