While I understand no one here is a doctor, it seems a lot of people are well informed about these issues, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask before I go to a new doctor in a few weeks.
I have Perthes disease in my left hip (http://www.pediatric-orthopedics.com/Topics/Perthes/perthes.html), and have always had a tightness there. I always just associated it with my condition, and not anything to do with hip flexibility / mobility. The past 2 months that I've been working with the program here, it's really been brought to my attention just how little mobility I have in my left hip (and has led me to find an orthopedist after not having gone since I was 15 -- 10 years ago).
I've never been able to sit indian style, because my left hip won't allow it. My butterfly stretch is terrible because my hip won't allow it. My right side is fine, so I've always believed the problem was my deformed left femoral head. But, maybe it isn't? I tried doing this test (at the 1:10 mark
I think I'm just looking for someone else's thoughts on the issue. I've been of the mindset I can't do certain things because of my condition, but I'm starting to think it's just a bunch of tight muscles in my left hip.