Front lever tidbits?

Started by Timy7, February 2, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,102 Views

Timy7

So I was never formally taught, just sort of jumped in when I read coaches original article.

some things i have learn since then, and curious on what others thoughts are on these, and what little things they have learned?

IE flexxing chest, pulling shoulder blades apart when doing planche, bringing shoulder blades together when doing front lever?

What other little things have you guys learned in terms of bodyweight strength stuff?

Michael Miskelly

The original article brought me to ring training too, I have learned a lot since reading that.

I remember at the start doing back lever with hands the easy way around and not pulling properly with my arms, squeezing lats with my triceps and thinking I was making great progress until I started doing things properly. The difference with proper form was somewhat noticeable :lol: Most of all I think I have learned patience, something which I never previously was good with in my training!

AlexX

Greatest lesson I learned after discovering Coach and his articles is to spend time doing the basics, mastering them. Once you do the progressions come a lot easier. Taking a step back in training and getting the basic down solidly has helped me immensely in my training.