Problem w/ Planche - advanced frog stand

Started by lex4158, February 1, 2011 · 10 Replies · 5,691 Views

lex4158

Hey guys, I am trying to progress with the planche and today I attempted to do the advanced frog stand with my knees being supported by the upper part of my elbow/lower tricep. However, I had some pain from my knees going into my lower tricep. Is this normal? I'm just wondering If I am doing it correctly.

Blairbob

Yep, it's normal. Sucks, but until you can do the tuck planche it's what needs to be done.

lex4158
Blairbob said:
Yep, it's normal. Sucks, but until you can do the tuck planche it's what needs to be done.

Got it. No Pain No Gain.

Roger Frei

Hi guys, while I have been following the forum for quite some time, I am now a member yah! Getting to the point, I am trying to proceed into an advanced frog stand, and find the only problem I have is the pain in my wrists when I'm leaning forward, this prevents me from continuing at that time. I have been trying to improve my flexibility and strength in the wrists and finger with stretches and strengthening by dorsal/wrist pushups.

My wrist strength has increased greatly but still seem to experience pain?? Any words of wisdom would be great!

Thankyou

Blairbob

I'm in the same boat.

Right now I'm focusing on the frog stand and ring support for upper body strength.

You could also work it on PB for now. Work in some planche leans as well.

Piotr Ochocki

Rest back of your hand on something a bit elevated (thin book, rolled towel, etc, I usually just use my flip-flops), so that fingers stay on the floor just back of the hand is higher - this will help.

Samuel Carr

To alleviate wrist pain try turning your hands out to the side

Seiji

You should also stretch your wrists and do some strengthening exercises if you persist on having your hands face forwards (like I do)

DonR

Hey everyone. This seems like a good place to ask a question that has been bugging me today. Do the knees go on the outside of the arms? Or do they press up against the back of the arm? Having my knee in back of my elbow makes things feel more stable.

Alessandro Mainente

my tips for the wrist is learn the PL with hands turned out...this thing helps for the procress of learn the PL on the rings in the future, also hands turned out is a great conditioning for biceps tendons

Eddie Stelling
DonR said:
Hey everyone. This seems like a good place to ask a question that has been bugging me today. Do the knees go on the outside of the arms? Or do they press up against the back of the arm? Having my knee in back of my elbow makes things feel more stable.

The knees go on the back of the elbow. Inward pressure on your elbow will result in injury, your elbow is not supposed to bent that way. Common mistake though, that is how I started doing it. Also try and put your knees high up on the back of your arm, like on your tricep. Some people have pain when putting all that pressure on the back of their elbow. Hope that helps.