New Recognized Skills

Started by gymgreg, January 29, 2011 · 15 Replies · 4,933 Views

gymgreg

New skills (PDF Warning)

Here are the new ring skills:

Carmona: BL to Inverted Cross, F value

2e0H4qRF8NQ

Molinari, Kip to V-Cross, D value

gg5C_anE8qg

Azarian to L-Sit, B value

N_0NiaAKyRE

Razz

That first one should just not have been recognized IMO, that was god damn ugly and despite being impressive, it goes away from gymnastics being good looking and beautiful.

Kip to v cross was pretty cool. Didn't know azarian to l-sit wasn't recognized before.

Sternford

My favorite:

Tp6fPWQg39M

pogo69
Razz said:
That first one should just not have been recognized IMO, that was god damn ugly and despite being impressive, it goes away from gymnastics being good looking and beautiful.

I didn't like it either; it wasn't aesthetically pleasing.

Razz said:
Didn't know azarian to l-sit wasn't recognized before.

This was my favourite; it may "only" be a "B", but it was incredibly graceful. I have a new (probably very long term) goal.

Blairbob

the Carmona, in time, will probably be cleaned up. Notice the bounce to initiate the movement besides the arched back, leg seperation and bent knees.

the cross in the V cross is also low. I know it's insane, but I wonder if they would deduct for that. probably not but I would understand the argument of doing so.

avivlugt

How do you see the video's from FIGMTC? I subscribed but don't see any video's yet.

sasquatch

I would think the v-cross would be a good thing to learn before even thinking about training a victorian. Awesome vid thanks!

Sternford
avivlugt said:
How do you see the video's from FIGMTC? I subscribed but don't see any video's yet.

It's videos are unlisted. The only way to see them is to already know the URL

Gregor
Razz said:
That first one should just not have been recognized IMO, that was god damn ugly and despite being impressive, it goes away from gymnastics being good looking and beautiful.

Kip to v cross was pretty cool. Didn't know azarian to l-sit wasn't recognized before.

It was only to support.

To V-seat should not be D, it's same as to L-seat or no seat (I do leg raises to V-seat in iron cross for years for fun occasionaly) Razz try it :wink: kip to V-seat, you'll see it's not any diffrence..

I would like to see iron cross in manna position :mrgreen:

And it's not azarian, it's felge.

Gregor
sasquatch said:
I would think the v-cross would be a good thing to learn before even thinking about training a victorian. Awesome vid thanks!

Not necessary, it's no even close to victorian :wink:

Razz

Haha it will be a while before I perform a v-cross :P For you it may be the same but for me even a slight change makes it too hard.

What's the difference between 'azarian to xx' and 'slow felge to xx'? They both move through front lever to back lever and then press up to whichever movement is needed.

Gregor

Azarian is named skill! So it must be just one azarian on rings in whole code of points. If someone did 2 named skills then surname is counted by numbers (for example Balandin 1 and Blandin 2).

Razz

Ah okay yes I know that, just thought that people still used Azarian kind of as a word for the entry. I.e. Azarian to maltese

Blairbob

Well, I have the first part to Carmona :lol: It's one of the old things I can do ( A+A ) for my rings routine. I think it looks cool, though.

AlexX
Sternford said:
My favorite:

Tp6fPWQg39M

:shock: This guy just did a vault with no springboard and no sprint. He must be able to powershrug mountains.

Alessandro Mainente

in fact...he is damn strong...i've met him in a gym here in italy one year ago