Hello, I have my Xtreme Rings for 3 days now, and I was just exploring what I can already do on the rings with my current strenght, everything went well until my sternum started to hurt when I was going up in the jumping muscle ups, or doing negative muscle ups - in the dip part. Today, it started to hurt even in the ring support position. Is this normal for somebody, who never trained on the rings before? My sternum hurts only when I am trying to do dips, or hold in the ring support. I never had a problem to hold support position on PBs, or do negative dips on them.
I'm 16 years old, active freerunner for 1 year and 5 months now, before my attempt to train on the rings I've been doing weight training, basic tumbling (flips, handsprings, roundoffs), basic bodyweight conditioning and HIIT/tabata workouts.
I hope You can help me with my problem. Thank You.