I currently do not have access to any Parallel Bars and am wondering if the following bars are worth purchasing? Will they be sufficient for L-dips and other key exercises?
Opinions on these Parallel Bars?
Started by lex4158, January 25, 2011 · 10 Replies · 5,393 Views
ehh, just build your own. 70 bucks my butt.
go to hardware store or Home Depot. Have some pvc cut and get some elbows and tops. It will probably be 1/4- 1/3rd of that price even if you use thick PVC.
I've got to agree with BlairBob,those look like a good way to waste 70 dollars.
Here is a vid that shows a few ways to build your own, and has a link to a set in the same price range as yours that look much more solid, if you don't want to build.
http://p1.goldmedalbodies.com/video-2/
Sorry that they are trying to sell you a dvd, the free info is good though,
http://www.drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=paralettes.gif
http://www.drillsandskills.com/skills/cond
Buy the pieces and put them together. Disassemble to travel with. Takes no more than a few minutes. No need for glue unless you want to but this means you can't take them apart for travel.
Awesome, thanks guys
Mr Brady said:I've got to agree with BlairBob,those look like a good way to waste 70 dollars.Here is a vid that shows a few ways to build your own, and has a link to a set in the same price range as yours that look much more solid, if you don't want to build.
http://p1.goldmedalbodies.com/video-2/
Sorry that they are trying to sell you a dvd, the free info is good though,
though, it seems really good dvd, mr brady, do you have time to give me your indipendent opinion on those programs? it seems to be the perfect fit for my needs, from above average to being able to perform coach's WOD. I can't stand Scaling WOD every day, I'll end up doing things randomly without any resemblance to the original purpose.
Honestly i don't know anything about it, other than he's some how connected to Scott Sonnen. I just stumbled upon it, and like the way the one guy made his Parallets, never had seem them done quite like that.
I liked the PB exercise he showed, i've been doing it in warm ups.
If you really have trouble scaling the WODs then maybe it could help you get some focus. Maybe try it a while, and then come back to the WOD style system. There is also a rings dvd, which i really don't know anything about.
Since the programs are time based after you run through it you could cycle back to the WODs and maybe do cycles of each for a time.
thanks for taking the time mr brady, very kind of you as expected.
This must have been the gymnastics program that I saw associated with Sonnon.
Honestly, meh.
Compared to this program, yep!
I do enjoy seeing different exercises so, that was ok, but really as a program, it looks too simple, can't see it giving lots of results.
Oh and don't forget the spam and high prices....
One thing i take my hat off to Coach for is the no spam ethic, being friends with Pavel, that is a pleasant departure.
The parallel bars the guy built are cool though, being a hobbyist builder, i appreciated that.
I didn't really want to advertise the guys video as much as show a good idea i hadn't thought of.
Low volume equipment is always going to cost more due to economies of scale, sometimes you can substitute a high volume item. When I saw the first picture something sprung to mind.

Roof racks!
Might be some heavy duty ones around with the rated load on them, and you might be able to use it as a roof rack too of course.
http://www.amazon.com/Highland-2005200- ... 154&sr=8-1
The other ready made pole holder I was working with recently, curtain rail holders. You might even get curtain rails strong enough to support you.

