Back Lever Half Lay

Started by npsmith, January 25, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,104 Views

npsmith

Is the back lever half lay supposed to be a quantum jump in intensity from the straddle? Details below ...

I just started practicing the back lever half lay since I got to a one minute straddle in one set. I was able to do four 15 second holds of the half lay. My concern is that the exercise did feel harder than the straddle but not a quantum jump in intensity. I know that when I advanced to the flat tuck or straddle I wasn't able to hold them for more than a few seconds my first attempt. I'm pretty sure my hips, back, and shins are in the correct position. Thanks.

Joshua Naterman

Nowhere near as much of a jump as from adv tuck to straddle.

npsmith

That is good news. That clarifies it then. Thanks.

Blairbob

will vary on your straddle, even if you keep open hips. straddle back lever always makes my hip flexor or glute tight on one leg if I remember.