I was just wondering which coach in the world whether it be russia or china or any country in the world has produced he most successful gymnasts in the world? How do I define as 'successful'? We'll I guess I'd say coaches that have produced the most gymnasts that have won national championships and such. That have had a majority of his athletes earn the top three medal spots. I want to keep this strictly for mens' coaches. I don't know if the number of successful of Olympic or national gymnasts corresponds with the aptitude of the coach, but that is just my assumption seeing as I'm quite an ignorant novice that recently has joined. I guess I'm just asking for a list of names of coaches and the number of gymnasts and or each medal or place they earned. Thanks.
Most number of successful gymnasts produced by a coach?
Started by Paolo, January 24, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,459 Views
So I was wondering what age is the most appropriate time to enroll a child, if there's a window of opportunity that closes at some point. Are they more likely to quit if they start at a younger age or older age? I know that when I was introduced to tumbling when I was eight years old, I was extremely terrified of falling over and didn't resume lessons. Later after almost 9 years later, I completely regret that decision. Not only is it more difficult to overcome that fear now, it is also more difficult to be flexible now. I should have learned BHS then. =/
Anyway I guess if I had started when I was two, I wouldn't have been as scared when I was 8. I want to provide that opportunity for my future son if I have one. It's just that I feel like a failure, I haven't done something that I could call an achievement. Sure I go to school everyday, but I feel like people ignore me and just don't really care when I talk. I'd say I'm physically fit, but that's really anything meaningful. At least my dad was able to escape poverty from his home country and immigrate to America. But me, I just don't feel special. Maybe an inferiority complex and I guess I don't want my son to to just be average or normal. Which is why I'm wondering what are the percentages of kids that make it to the top and what age they started at.
Thanks again, and I was amazed at your response coach sommers to my previous thread about enrolling a child in your gymnastics program. I'll definitely want to visit your gym hopefully in the near future.
offhand, I have no idea. go through the records and tally it up and include world's in there. it's not like we care about nationals.
well, elite training really varies. I just heard that one of the girls from brazil didn't start training till 14 and I think they said she was an olympic or world's medalist on floor and vault. Steve Elliott was a world champion tumbler who did not start until college besides being a collegiate floor and vaulting champ (he originally was a diver going into college).
You can start much later if it's just FX or V, possibly beam. But I don't think it's going to be as likely to become an elite on apparatus so late.
Pinoyako, are you at any university or state college? If so are if you aren't, you can still compete in gymnastics in the NAIGC(.net) competitions. It welcomes all skill levels from beginner to ex junior elites. Something to think about. I would go find any sporting event, a 5k, something to compete in for the sake of it. For the sake of being on the floor with a crowd. I think you may get some growth from it.
Percentage of children that actually make elite? I heard there up to 200 training elites in women's gymnastics. Now think how many actually compete in gymnastics in the Junior Program. I'm sure if you crunch the numbers it's less than 1%. Even if you are a training elite, there is probably only about a 5% chance of making it to the National team.
I would guess perhaps Leonid Arkaev. He was Chief Gymnastics Coach in Russia for around 25 years with something like 500 medals total. A warning if you ever try to read his book--it's, um, dense. ![]()