Help request with sources for MA thesis concerning gymnastic

Started by Chris, January 24, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,215 Views

Chris

hello,

I'm a student of english philology in poland, and as my MA thesis I am writing a polish-english gymnastic lexicon-dictionary for coaches and translators, if it prooves to be good enough it might even get published.

since source materials in this field are so hard to come by I would greatly appretiate any solid piece of information and/or places to look for them, concerning every gymnastic position, move and sequence in all of the disciplines (rings, vault, floor etc) [somewhere I've seen those huge lists made by FIG, will have to find those], any gymnastic related injuries, excercises used for preparation, rehab, prehab, in one word, everything.

I would greatly appretiate your help guys, thanks in advance

Chris

thanks a lot Blairbob, I know I'll find a lot of info on the forum as well, been here a long time, however I would appretiate any other piece of info you guys might provide, especially when it comes to sport related injuries, and premilinary exercises, I live in a country where BtGB is very hard to acquire, I cannot expect it untill june, and I need to make some progress in a couple of weeks time in order to get through to the next semester.

once again muchas gracias

Chris

do you know if drills and skills offers a complete list o gymastic movements on every aparatus?

Blairbob

DrillsandSkills is old and hasn't been updated to the new code since FIG changed it from the 10.0 system.

Go through USA-gymnastic.org archive of magazine issues. lots of good articles on stuff like that besides http://gym.net/resources.htm