This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SSC FBE concurrently with WOD programming?

Started by Blairbob, January 24, 2011 · 2 Replies · 70 Views

Blairbob

I'm just about to start up the WOD again. Mainly I have been doing the FSP WU+FSP+ a ladder of pullups and dips besides a lot of mobility for about 7 weeks now after taking a 7 week break for "reasons".

I was going to test my max FSP and FBE tonight. Then I was going to decide whether to engage in doing a SSC of FSP+FBE (somewhat killroy70 style in planes of movement for push/pull, while alternating them as for core and legs).

Now do you think I should just allow the WOD to cover the FBE or try the SSC FBE and then scale down the FBE per WOD to allow a lower intensity movement done with the same volume?

Christian Sørlie

What I've done is taken some exercises that I want to get better at, mostly ring HS and press HS and have them in my WU, but not so much that i get overly fatigued by them, tired yes, but not pushing like I do with the WOD's. This works quite well for me.

I'm also considering changing the dynamic push/pull days by not following the WOD's but doing High Bar, just swinging and kipping for a while, on pull day and then finishing off with a couple of cycles of, for instance FL pulls and body levers.

On push day, PB and PH, again just swinging and kipping and learning circles, then finishing of with swinging dips and different variations of AG walks.

This is mostly because my dynamic days often end up as basic strength days as my endurance is not good enough to complete rounds of the WOD's as RX'd (scaled of course), but will work towards it by building up the endurance.

Don't know if that helps any.

Blairbob

Not exactly, since I hit basics on most events anyways.