This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How do you implement what you learnt at the seminar?

Started by Christian Sørlie, January 22, 2011 · 8 Replies · 148 Views

Christian Sørlie

My main change is to my warm up and prehab.

I usually start with a shorter version of the WU we did every day, and try to make them little specific to the WOD's.

Like more knee prehab and the leg routines on leg day and more wrist, shoulder on upper body days.

I do the wrist series every time as part of the WU. BIG FAN of the series.

I also do ALOT more rope-climbing in my WU and HS presses (BOX). For the box presses my focus is technique and learning the press. So i don't tire myself on these like I will on HS day.

There's more but I will have to add more on later as I'm still trying to build a general routine going over the skills and prehab work from the seminar. This is of course in addition to and as a preparation for the WOD's.

As a side note.. Since doing lots of rope climbing and ring HS (feet on straps) and generally following the WODS. I have gained almost 10 pounds since the seminar in november(!). Not trying to but it happened. These are of course mostly muscle mass.

Must be the rope climbs and ring HS. I went from about 77-78 kg to now 83-84 kg.

Mats Trane

Cdx Likes this!

Going to Arizona?

Christian Sørlie

Good chance if i manage to get off work and stuff. Aiming for either May or September, hopefully May.

Mats Trane

I Started the wods after the seminar + inserted warmup + prehab. Its working well. I like the wods now that I understand the cycle and can plan the training knowing what wod is coming up.

Razz

Basically I do more prehab (much more) and I've changed the structure of my workouts a bit. And the warmup is changed.

I do more WOD like workouts with the specific days. I also did the pre-requisites for a while in morning workouts, something I will do again once my bf is a bit down. Ring strength I do longer series and I do much more volume on the specific positions, working towards the 5x15s recommended at the seminar.

I've improved a bunch and gained some muscle, but not 10 pounds like christian :twisted: :twisted: I can still improve my program though, I need to work out a plan that I stick to like I did for a while after the seminar. The problem is I can't decide if I just wanna go full ring specialist and spend most my time on ring training.. (still doing the other apparatus once a week for third division nationals :mrgreen: )

Alex Dienaar

I've started doing twice-a-days 4 days a week. Added in alot alot of prehab-mobility work and started doing all the stretching and have been way more strict on my own form.

My basic morning workout looks something like :

-5 minutes of running

-Soft tissue work

-A large part of all the stretches in that we've gotten at the seminar (I split them up through the days), focusing extra on my weaker sides.

- Wrist prehab routine on knees

A1. 2x 60 second Plank

A2. 2x 60 second Reverse Plank

A3. 2x 40 second Hollow Hold

A4. 2x 60 second Arch Hold

A5. 2x 60 second Ring Support Hold

A6. 2x 30 second German Hang 120s rest

B1. 3x30 second Wall HS

B2. 3x4 German Hang Pulls

120s rest

C1. 1x3 Power Clean (keeping the weight constant every 2 weeks) X0X0 60s rest

C2. 1x3 Shoulder press BTN 40X1 60s rest

C3. 1x3 Back Squat 40X0 60s rest

C4. 1x3 Weighted Pullup 40X0

12-13ish "workout" :

Going for a 10-15 min run or doing some interval sprints. (Coach's presentation about running)

Late afternoon workout :

5 min running

Joint Mobility work

A1. 3x1 Rope Climbs (elevated feet on box variation)

A2. 3x8 Cuban Press

WOD-specific warmup (including prehab)

and then the WOD

Wednesdays I do some heavy stretching and take a run

Saturday I take a run and do the Shoulder Prehab 1 series.

So far the gains I've made have been amazing.

I've gotten my first muscle-up 3 weeks after the seminar in November, working on solidifying it now. (Will upload videos when I have the money to buy a camera XD). Now I'm at 2 muscle ups in a row and able to do most Ring Series unbroken! ^^

My handstands are stronger than ever, my work capacity is increasing.

I gained about 4kg of weight and lost about 2% of bodyfat.

And I feel more mobile-flexible and better than ever.

(I also have made alot of other improvements but I don't have my trainings log with me at the moment).

The seminars were awesome <3

Razz

Cool Alex! Looking forward to seeing your progress when we meet in Finland ;) Have you considered opening a training log here on the forum?

Blairbob

I implented the FSP WU and do more joint mobility.

I'm going to ask my boss if I can do my basics workout in the morning before the college team is in and then I'll hit event work and the WOD at night after I work out with the club after coaching the team.

M_L_T@Hotmail.com

Unfortunately since the seminar I've picked up a few injuries from work and the boxing ring so I've lost a little of what strength I had in the FBE and FSP's but..... It has meant that I've retreated to a lot more of the pre-hab/ re-hab work, mobility and flexibility and the list of pre-requisites. The result being that I'm not quite the inflexible goon that I was in November!!

When the injuries clear up and I get back to 100% the added flexibility and time spent on the pre-reqs will hopefully lead to gains in muscle, strength and skill like the rest of you have enjoyed! The wider the base, the higher the peak after all!

Mark