I have been having winging scapula problems for a while now. Do you think it would be worth while to purchase one of these http://www.lgmedsupply.com/tenz500.html
Should i buy this
Started by Ryan, January 21, 2011 · 3 Replies · 4,629 Views
I have one of those, honestly besides the cool effect of your muscles twitching and shocking your friends or gf once in a while I never felt that it really did that much. Let me rephrase it I feel like time can be spent much better else where such as movement patterns, soft tissue work with the foam roller and lacrosse ball, and isolation physical therapy work to correct the imbalances that are causing the winging.
Normally scapula become winged because your serratus is weak or shut down and as a result the scapula can not be properly rotated upward. Scapular mobility work as well as serratus activation work will yield much better gains than electrotherapy will, at least in my experience.
I fully agree with Alex.
There are numerous ways to accomplish the goal, but you need to be 'present' for them to be effective. A machine is not the most efficient way.
thanks very much for your input guys ![]()