Just saw this on gymnasticscoaching.com
-uAa3s3b6HY
I would like to see what releases nowadays professionals can do from those mega rings swings.
Started by gymgreg, January 19, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,769 Views
Just saw this on gymnasticscoaching.com
-uAa3s3b6HY
I would like to see what releases nowadays professionals can do from those mega rings swings.
The muscle up at 5:30 is awesome, wide grip and no lean, only thing cooler is a butterfly mount. The giant swings on rings really made me cringe...just one mistake and he is a goner for sure, no mats no safety equipment even circus professionals aren't that daring haha. If someone told me to hold onto to the rings 10 feet in the air while they make them swing back and worth I'd think the person was out of their mind.
back when gymnasts had dense bones! Very cool vid ![]()
Really nice video. Love watching how things used to be done in the past.
The floor (grass) routine was nice as well. Liked the dive to Bower press the guy did.
They had some qualtity strength back then as well.
Christian said:Really nice video. Love watching how things used to be done in the past.The floor (grass) routine was nice as well. Liked the dive to Bower press the guy did.
They had some qualtity strength back then as well.
yea that was one of my favorite things in the video too
other things that I really enjoyed were the grass doubleback and the arched one arm HS on pbars(though they cut the video).
I wonder what happens to all their equipment when it rains. it's going to be hard to move or tarp that ring tower.
On another note, the grandpa of one of the kids i coach is an acrobat of this generation but from the soviet union. it was very interesting to talk to him about his training. he said back then women still did rings, etc. He also said up until a few years ago he was still doing handstands and what not for his grandkids. He said he tried out for the circus when he didn;t get into med school but his dad wouldn't let him.
anyway, great video thanks for the post. I always love seeing old school acrobats.