Make your own ring simulator

Started by Razz, January 18, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,930 Views

Razz

Hey guys

At the seminar I promised to put up a video of how to make your own ring trainer using just a bench, stall bar, XR and a something to reduce friction. I haven't gotten around to it but I now see Ido has pictures of the exact same thing I was talking about, except he uses a towel and we have a custom-made little box with wheels to put on the bench.

Pictures are in this album http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=179330598774362&id=100000922701979&aid=37093

Basically the higher up you put the bench on the stall bars the harder it is. I recommend putting the rings one or two steps higher than the bench.

Razz

John Sapinoso

ah we used to do something similar with one of those chuck norris endorsed home gyms and a bunch of mats, although Ido's version of it is much more elegant. maybe a skateboard and a steep incline could work as well.

Alessandro Mainente

yesss i have to post my father's creation...fortunately, is a physics teacher so he had to think about.....30 seconds :D:D:D:D .....

take two iron rods at least a couple of meters long, inside must to be hollow , used this structure as rail. now on this place a support for the chest or the back of a width equal to the distance between the rails and welded a couple of small wheels on the support so that it can easily slip between the rails (I bought 4 pulleys ie I used the pulley wheels, it is worth more that they are small) now decide how high you put it (on a trellis for example) and whether to join the ends of the rail ... if support for the body is solid is not necessary to merge them. more or less my father took one week to do it.

the idea of using a table as skeateboard support is fantastic, I never thought

Razz

Skateboard is a great idea to reduce friction! Alex I'm not quite sure I understand, do you have pictures? :)

John Sapinoso

a more fun solution though....

slip_n_slide-749466.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
Razz said:
Skateboard is a great idea to reduce friction! Alex I'm not quite sure I understand, do you have pictures? :)

if i can i'll post a picture